University of Minnesota
Department of German, Scandinavian & Dutch
myU OneStop

Department of German, Scandinavian & Dutch's home page.

Language Certification

Purpose What to do
U of M graduate student needing language certified for the Graduate School See our Language Certification for Graduate Degrees page.
U of M graduate student applying for a fellowship (e.g., DAAD, Fulbright) Contact our Director of Language Instruction or a faculty member.
U of M undergraduate student needing language certification for study abroad applications, fellowships, etc. Contact your instructor or our Director of Language Instruction
U of M student needing a letter explaining the LPE results for another educational institution or employer Contact the CLA Language Testing Program.
Non-student needing language certification for an employer or another educational institution Provide those individuals directly with documentation of your past language learning experience. For document translation, see the department's list of translators. In certain instances it may be possible to arrange for a language test on a fee-for-service basis by contacting the CLA Language Testing Program